- 1 qt. liquid eggs or ~16 eggs - 1/4 cup liquid egg = 1 whole egg
- 6-9 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 16-oz. can diced roasted green chilies
- 1 4-oz. can diced jalapeños
- 2 lbs. sharp cheddar
- 2 lbs. breakfast sausage or bacon
- 1 32-oz. can Stokes Green Chile Sauce
- 2-3 doz. 12 in. flour tortillas
- Adequate picante sauce
- Prepare the potatoes, cube and boiled the night before or hashbrowns.
- In a large skillet, 15+ in., or dutch oven, 10+ qt., cook the sausage or bacon.
- Chop the onion.
- In a separate pan heat the Stokes Green Chile Sauce, this will be used when people fill their burritos or it can be ladled on top to smother.
- Add the potatoes to the sausage or bacon and cook till browned.
- Add the eggs, onion, diced green chilies, and diced jalapeños to the sausage or bacon and cook till the eggs are ready, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Grate the cheese.
- Serve! Set out the tortillas, grated cheese, eggs, Stoke's, and picante sauce and let people build their own burritos.
- ** For vegetarians keep the sausage and bacon separate for people to add as they want it.
- Serves 12 to 15 people.
© 1999- River Gang. All pages and images contained on this site are protected by the copyright laws of the United States of America, and the Internet Copyright Act.